We the residents of Ward 48 demand from the South African Police Services to improve the fight against crime in the rural areas of Ward 48 due to large number of crime that takes place in the following areas: namely Hennops River, Laezonia, Gerhardsville, Mnandi, Knopieslaagte, Doornranje and Schurveberge areas. We demand that the following South African Police stations, namely Atteridgeville, Erasmia, Olievenhoutsbosch ensure that the concerns listed below are adequately addressed:
- Response times to crime to be improved
- Adequate investigations and feedback be given on all cases registered at the above mentioned Police stations
- Adequate and efficient resource deployment and patrolling in the rural areas
- Visible policing to be increased through daily patrols in the rural areas
- Regular operations be done around illegal undocumented foreigners in informal settlements
- The above-mentioned police stations are adequately resourced with personnel, facilities and vehicles
The total disregard for law and order has resulted in high crime rates and unresolved investigations in the rural areas of Ward 48.
Cllr Kingsley Wakelin.
Ward 48 Centurion: Petition to SAPS
Read the petition