The DA will fight corruption to ensure that all public money is spent on the people.
The corruption of the ANC government is oppressing South Africans. And it is one of the main reasons the country has taken a wrong turn from the path set by Madiba.
After Madiba left, the ANC decided it was their time to eat and they focused on enriching only themselves. No matter who leads them, they are the same old party full of empty promises. They are not capable of fighting corruption. And they have no genuine intention of fighting corruption.
This election is your chance to get South Africa back on track. You can choose between even more corruption, and a party that has a solid record of fighting corruption and of being accountable, transparent and clean where it governs.
We will bring change that builds One South Africa for All.
We will fight corruption; create fair access to jobs; make our police service honest and professional; secure our borders; and speed up the delivery of basic services.
Under a DA-government, anyone found guilty of corruption will be sentenced to 15 years in jail.
Our plan to fight corruption focuses on:
- Establishing an independent unit dedicated to identifying, fighting and prosecuting corruption.
- Ensuring the payment of all public money is transparent.
- Bringing in direct elections for all political office holders so that the South African people can hold their president, premiers and mayors directly accountable.
- Implementing regular lifestyle audits for all politicians and government officials.
- Protecting and encouraging ‘whistle blowers’ who identify and report on corrupt activities.
- Don’t reward ANC failure to fight corruption because nothing will change.
This election is about YOUR future.
Use your vote to ensure a strong DA because only we are serious about fighting corruption and building One South Africa for All.