South Africans are frustrated by the slow and inefficient delivery of basic services. The corruption and mismanagement of the ANC government is causing people to be without access to adequate housing, water, electricity and sanitation. The ANC government is robbing people of their dignity.
This is not what we were promised.
The dominance of the ANC means they have become complacent and focused on enriching only themselves. Not only have they not delivered the services they have promised, they don’t know how to.
They are no longer capable of managing the real problems South Africans face each day.
The Democratic Alliance is bringing change that builds One South Africa for All.
The DA will fight corruption; fix the police service so that it becomes honest and professional; create fair access to real, long-term jobs; secure our borders; and speed up the delivery of basic services.
The DA has a plan to speed up the delivery of basic services.
The DA will focus on:
- Fighting corruption at all levels of provincial and local government so that public money meant for the people is spent on the people.
- Ensuring that people who qualify for government housing quickly get the ability to receive a decent home. South Africans who earn less than R 15 000 per month will have three options:
- Stay on the list for an RDP home or GAP housing.
- Sign up for the Home Voucher Scheme. This will give you a R 150 000 home voucher which you can use to build your own home on a government-provided site which will be connected to water and electricity. Or you can use it as a deposit towards buying an existing house.
- Choose to live in one of the new high-rise apartment buildings close to city centres that will be built by the government.
- Signing a contract with the residents of municipalities to ensure speedier delivery of quality access to water, electricity and sanitation.
Don’t reward ANC failure with your vote because nothing will change.
This election is about YOUR future.
Use your vote to ensure a strong DA because only the DA can bring change that speeds up the delivery of basic services.