The DA will overhaul the South African Police Service to become an honest and professional organisation that actually serves and protects South Africans.
South Africans do not feel safe in their homes and communities. Crime is rising and the South African Police Service (SAPS) is riddled with corruption and unable to fight crime.
This is not what we were promised. The ANC government has become complacent and focused on enriching only themselves. Not only are they failing to keep South Africans safe from crime, they don’t even know how to.
This election is your chance to choose between rising crime, and a party that knows how to transform the police service and keep communities safe.
The DA is bringing change that builds One South Africa for All. We will fight corruption; create fair access to jobs; make our police service honest and professional; secure our borders; and speed up the delivery of basic services.
The DA will completely overhaul SAPS, curbing corruption, hiring people with a passion for policing and retraining police officers to make the police force honest, professional and one that serves and protects South Africans.
- The DA has a plan to make our police service honest, professional and effective in fighting crime. We will focus on:
- Fighting corruption within the police.
Retraining police officers to serve and protect with pride.
- Hiring people with a passion for policing.
- Instituting an effective drug-busting force within the South African Police Service.
- Ensuring that law and order is maintained in our communities, and that there are effective arrests, prosecutions and convictions of criminals.
Don’t reward ANC failure to keep you safe with your vote. Nothing will change.
This election is about YOUR future.
Use your vote to ensure a strong DA because only the DA is able to make our police service an honest, professional organisation that serves and protects South Africans.